The theme of this show is: Magic of the Ordinary. (There will be a separate email with further explanation/inspiration.) Artwork should be submitted by Thursday, April 26, 2018. Entry fee is $20 for artists outside the gallery. One entry per person. The application form is attached below.
- Format – 12” x 24” x 1 ½” gallery wrap canvas. No frames or hanging devices. The gallery will bulk order some canvases with some specifically for “all media” for those watercolorists who wish to paint directly on a canvas. They will be for sale at the gallery, or you can purchase your own. The gallery wrap edges must be painted or finished in some manner. (No bare canvas edges.)
- All work must be original, not created in a class or workshop, created in the past year, and not previously shown in Georgetown County, SC.
- Artist MUST submit 3-4 sentences, on the application form, on your creative process. Did you paint plein art, from a photograph (your own or one with permission), any use of computers, or apps, or is it totally from your imagination, etc. The process should be transparent. This is to protect the gallery from possible lawsuits.
- Work must be For Sale. Each piece will be offered for sale at $350. The gallery will take a 10% commission on any sale.
- Please securely attach a tag to the back of the canvas with your name and contact information.
If you are interested in purchasing a canvas from us please contact Janelle Feeney if using oil or acrylics (email@example.com) or Cindy Silvers if using watercolors (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can order enough of them.
We look forward to your participation in the May Show. If you have any questions please email (email@example.com) or call the gallery (843-314-0298). Entry forms are available at the gallery or you may email us and we will to forward you one.